More than 360 civilians have been killed in Ukraine since the start of the Russian invasion last month, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) said on Sunday.
So far, 1,123 civilians have been injured, including 364 killed and 759 injured, the OHCHR said, while acknowledging that the actual numbers are likely “considerably higher”.
CNN cannot independently verify the number of victims.
The data was collected between 4 a.m. Ukraine time on February 24, when the Russian Federation’s armed attack on Ukraine began, and midnight local time on March 5, according to the communicated.
The total number of those killed includes 74 men, 42 women, 8 boys and 4 girls, as well as 13 children and 223 adults whose sex is not known. The total number of injured includes 67 men, 48 women, 11 girls and 2 boys, as well as 28 children and 603 adults, according to OHCHR.
503 of the victims were in Donetsk and Lugansk regions, and 374 in government-controlled territory, according to the OHCHR.
Most of the recorded civilian casualties were caused by the use of “wide area explosive weapons”, the statement said, including shelling from heavy artillery and multiple rocket launcher systems, as well as missiles and air strikes.
The OHCHR added that it believes “the actual numbers are considerably higher”, particularly in government-held territories in recent days, from where data on casualties has been delayed.