HONOLULU (KHON2) – Oahu entered Level 4 of the Recovery Framework after Governor David Ige approved Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi’s request to take the city to the next level with some modifications.
The expansion allows social gatherings of up to 25 people outdoors and 10 people indoors.
“We continue to make solid progress as a community in our fight against COVID. At this point, vaccinations are key to easing restrictions and hopefully ending the tier system completely, ”Mayor Rick Blangiardi said. “We are in this fight together, and if you have not yet received your vaccine, I strongly urge you to do so as soon as possible.”
Under level 4:
- Organized indoor sports are permitted. Spectators are allowed up to 33% of their capacity.
- Commercial boating is permitted with no capacity limit, but restaurant / bar rules will still apply if food / drink consumption is permitted.
- Social establishments such as dancing, nightlife and karaoke are allowed up to 50% of their capacity if all participants are tested or show full proof of vaccination.
- Outdoor weddings are allowed for up to 200 people.
- Indoor events such as concerts, meetings and conventions are permitted with a mitigation plan and 50% capacity if all participants are tested or show full proof of vaccination.
- Outdoor events at venues with defined capacity limits are allowed with a mitigation plan, 33% capacity or 67% capacity if all participants are tested or show full proof of vaccination.
- Outdoor events at sites with no defined capacity but with controlled entry and exit are permitted with a mitigation plan, at a rate of 30 people per 1,000 square feet or 60 people per 1,000 square feet if all participants are tested or present complete proof of vaccination.
- Arcades are authorized with no capacity limit. Restaurant / bar rules will still apply if food / drink consumption is permitted.
- Road races and triathlons will be permitted with a permit.