If you are interested in specific auto insurance, you should know that the company offers independent brokerage experience. Accurate works with multiple providers to offer multiple packages for customers to choose from. Although Accurate was not on our list of best auto insurance companies across the country, this may be a smart choice for some drivers looking for cheap auto insurance.
Whenever you shop for auto insurance, we recommend that you get quotes from multiple providers so that you can compare coverage and rates. In addition to which insurance company you choose, factors such as your age, make and model of your vehicle, and your driving history can affect your premium, so what’s best for your neighbor may not be right. ‘be for you.
Use our tool below or call our team at (844) 246-8209 to start comparing personalized auto insurance quotes:
In this article:
Precise auto insurance overview
Founded in 1992, Accurate Auto Insurance offers a focused service – to find customers affordable auto insurance quotes.
Similar to popular travel booking sites, the agency collects quotes from a network of about two dozen auto insurance companies and offers the cheapest options. After receiving the quotes, you can choose to purchase from the auto insurance provider or directly through Accurate. You can buy from Accurate on their website or over the phone with an agent.
It is important to note that the precise auto insurance is relatively small, only available to drivers in the following states:
The company doesn’t have a lot of ads or reviews, and most people may not have heard of it before. However, it is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A + rating.
What does Accurate auto insurance cover?
Accurate provides quotes for five different types of insurance plans:
- Car insurance: This is the most common type of insurance offered by Accurate. Although minimum requirements vary from state to state, auto insurance plans generally help cover costs associated with accidents. Coverage may extend to the vehicle, passengers, and medical bills of the driver and any other party involved.
- Motorcycle insurance: Many people think that having an auto insurance plan also covers motorcycles. But insuring a two-wheeled vehicle is a whole different matter. Motorcycle insurance is generally more affordable than auto insurance because motorcycles are considered a one-person mode of transportation and coverage does not extend to passengers.
- SR-22 Insurance: An SR-22 is actually not insurance – it is a document required of some people by the state. Accurate Auto Insurance advertises its agents as specialists in this area, with an SR-22 offered as one of the cheapest plans. An SR-22 is typically required for drivers with any of the following: impaired driving or DWI conviction, at-fault driving accidents without insurance, repeated infractions or tickets within a short period of time, or suspended license or revoked.
- Indiana SR-50 Insurance: This document is similar to an SR-22 but specific to the state of Indiana. It is required by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) and is for drivers considered high risk. An SR-50 is issued with an insurance plan and verifies that the driver currently meets the state’s minimum insurance requirements.
- Carpool insurance: Many personal vehicles are now used for ridesharing services, such as Lyft or Uber. Carpool insurance is a supplement to personal auto insurance and it covers whenever the vehicle is used for business purposes.
How much does precision cost?
The cost of any auto insurance policy will depend on several factors, including:
- the type of auto insurance you include in your policy
- Your location
- The year, make and model of your vehicle
- Your driving history
- And more
The precise prices of auto insurance vary even more as this company connects its customers with a variety of auto insurance providers.
Accurate Auto Insurance Reviews
Despite being in business for over 25 years, Accurate Auto Insurance doesn’t have a lot of customer reviews – with less than 10 on BBB’s website and under 20 on Yelp. Customer complaints mention poor complaints and customer service. This is probably due to the fact that Accurate is an agency. Any actual processing is the responsibility of the auto insurance provider with whom the agency connects you.
Accurate is responsive and tends to respond to negative customer reviews.
Positive Accurate Auto Insurance reviews detail the company’s helpful and knowledgeable customer service representatives, as well as long-term customer satisfaction.
“A company that helps you and explains every part of the policy from start to finish. That’s what Accurate did. I received my insurance policy and ID cards on site and also saved money.
– Margaret K. via Precis
“I’ve been with Accurate for a very long time – since 1998. I had a problem with my renewal so I called the Oak Brook office and spoke to Marissa on 9/25/17. She was so kind and told me if I ever needed help calling her and gave me her extension. So on 9/28/17 I called her back. She was so patient with me that I added my second car to my existing policy. Thanks again Marissa for your wonderful help. ”
– Chantal M. via BBB
The negative reviews for Accurate have highlighted the slowness in processing claims and reports of poor user experiences on the company’s website.
“Totally satisfied with the advantageous rates. The payment option on their website is a joke … Still slow and boring, but ends up getting the job done. They should update this feature on the site.
– Emmy S. via Yelp
Our opinion on precise automobile insurance: 3.5 stars
While Accurate Auto Insurance can put you in touch with a number of insurance companies, it may not provide the best service when it comes to filing and processing claims. Overall, we rate Accurate 3.5 out of 5.0 stars and recommend it for drivers looking for inexpensive coverage.
|Possibility of obtaining several quotes in a few minutes||Only available in 12 states|
|Affordable||Relatively small network of auto insurance providers|
|No credit check required||Fewer offices than large suppliers|
|Coverage for high-risk drivers||Very few reviews|
Best recommendations for auto insurance
For those who prefer to deal directly with suppliers, there are many options. It’s always a good idea to do your own research for something as important as auto insurance. Use our tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to start comparing auto insurance quotes:
Based on our extensive research of all major vendors, two stood out in particular: USAA and Progressive.
This insurance provider consistently tops our list as one of the best in the industry. It has an A ++ rating from AM Best and the highest scores in the JD Power 2020 US Auto Insurance Study. It is only available to members of the United States Army, applicants for commissioning programs, and the spouses and children of current USAA members. But for those who qualify, USAA offers affordable and comprehensive policies.
Read our USAA Auto Insurance Review to learn more.
In many ways, Progressive has shaped the way we buy auto insurance today as the first company to offer online shopping, one-stop claims service centers, and comparative pricing experiences. In terms of insurance plans, Progressive offers standard coverage with several different options for saving money. You can get discounts for being a good driver and package with other types of insurance.
To learn more about coverage, read our Gradual review of auto insurance.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our team of experts collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a rating in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted rating out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Ranking: Insurers with strong financial ratings and client-focused business practices score the highest in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Blanket: This assessment is based on the types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits and supplemental policies.
- Cost and discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in each state. Companies with lower prices and plenty of auto insurance discount opportunities receive the highest scores.
- Customer service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer review studies from experts like JD Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other articles on insurance: